Planting

Jarrett Poe

11/30/12

After propagating plants, setting up the membrane layer, and moving the modules into place; it was finally time to put plants in the ground. While we had originally wanted to get plants in the ground before the first cold front, we simply did not have the plant numbers to make that happen. They needed a little more time and a little more encouragement.  However, thanks to the lovely Texas weather we got notice in late November that it was time to get our hands dirty!

Jarett1

Jarrett2

Unfortunately my hands were too dirty and I was unable to take any picture of us actually putting plants in the ground because I was afraid it would mess up my phone and I was too focused on making sure that our plants got in the ground in a timely manner.  The first picture is a picture I took of my finished module. It has various succulents mixed into it and will hopefully benefit the most by being up on the roof for the next several months. I am hoping that all of the plants we put in the ground prosper because I am hoping that this experiment will lead to Texas A&M implementing green roofs into their design for future buildings on campus.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s