The Green Roof

For the whole semester, we did a lot work on the roof. At the beginning, we got rid of the weeds of the planters on the floor and the modules on the wall. Some plants are growing well, although some weeds were there. We planted several fruits, like tomato, on the left side of the roof. So far, they are healthy and pretty. IMG_4003.JPG

Two weeks later, we started to make some new modules. Base the amount of the soils, we decided to make 18 modules and separated them into 2 groups first. It was hard to bring such a lot of soil to the rooftop, but eventually, we did it. IMG_0168.JPG

We aligned the modules into two groups by 3×3. Then we filled gravels and soils with different percentage into those modules, for the future research. IMG_0169.JPG

I learned how to prepare for planting, it is good to know how many pounds of soils we need/have before we getting started. I have also learned the process of process of preparing and planting.   IMG_0170.JPG

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s